Linkfest: Quick hits August 8, 2018


Revisiting Charlottesville: One Year Later
http://barelyablog.com/revisiting-charlottesville-one-year-later/
** Let's review.  And let's discuss "hate":


Norway’s hidden scandal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/norways_hidden_scandal
** What happens when the State determines that it is the prime guardian of children, not the parents.  Now I'm not saying every family is perfect, or that there aren't bad parents.  But... ultimately, either the State is supreme or Individuals are.  Now, remember that the Left worships Norway et al and has openly said that the State should be the ultimate family arbiter.

When a Stranger Decides to Destroy Your Life
https://gizmodo.com/when-a-stranger-decides-to-destroy-your-life-1827546385
** All it takes is ONE SJW who objects to ONE tweet / post / etc. and they can incinerate your reputation.  Remember that woman whose life was destroyed as she flew to South Africa?  (I'm not defending her tweet as I thought it was in poor taste - but the feeding frenzy over it was totally disproportionate.)

Senate Democrats Are Circulating Plans for Government Takeover of the Internet: Reason Roundup
https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/democrats-tech-policy-plans-leaked
** Applicable quote:
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
– William Pitt

[First, They Came For Alex Jones / 12:53]
** I'll confess that I don't care for Jones' work in general, at least the little I've seen.  But this is frightening.  More:
The Big Tech censorship storm has landed
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/08/the-big-tech-censorship-storm-has-landed/
** Quote:
This battle is not about Alex Jones. Anyone who thinks it is, hasn’t been paying attention.
>> Nothing says "We have better ideas" than silencing anyone who disagrees to avoid debating ideas.

The Justice Department Didn't Charge Him With a Crime. It's Going to Take $39,000 from Him Anyway.
https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/06/the-justice-department-didnt-charge-him
** Asset forfeiture needs to end.  Period.  Print this out and write your congresscritters / Senator / President Trump about it.

Will the Left Rename America?
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270896/will-left-rename-america-daniel-greenfield
** Quote:
Either we stop the left’s assault on history or we lose our country. Every time a statue is taken down, a school is renamed, a building is vandalized, a holiday is abolished, we move one step closer to the final undoing of our history. We should not be afraid of the truth. And the truth is that history is complex.
...
The cultural revolutions of the left promise to purify history by purging it. But that Stalinist solution is a lie. History cannot be purified, only learned from. We are all the descendants of flawed heroes. And we can hope to find the truth of our heroism through our flaws, not by the light of the book burner’s fire.

A hundred nations were plunged into dystopian horrors in search of the garden path to the left’s utopia. That’s all that the left’s rituals of purification and mortification of history, the vandalism of statues and facts, offer America. And it is America. Not Marxville, Leninstadt or Maostan. The flawed explorers, generals, and nobles whose names our cities and states bear are far better than the monsters of the left.
>> Orwell's 1984 was meant to be a warning; the Left uses it as a manual.

At Smith College, the racist incident that wasn't
http://www.jeffjacoby.com/21473/at-smith-college-the-racist-incident-that-wasnt
** Quote:
So the employee apparently did just what an uneasy employee in such a situation is supposed to do: Err on the side of safety, and call security.
>> What's going to happen?  People will see something, but not say something.  And the criminals will pick up on that, and take advantage.  Just look at the San Bernadino shooting - the neighbors saw something, but didn't want to say anything lest they be called RAAAAACIST.

670 ballots in a precinct with 276 voters, and other tales from Georgia’s primary
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-news/article216056560.html
** But... but... but we've been assured vote fraud never happens.  And if it happens it doesn't matter anyway.  Our intellectual betters have assured us so.



Millionaire Democrat Wants To Tax Parents With More Than Two Kids As "Irresponsible Breeders"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-25/millionaire-democrat-wants-tax-parents-more-two-kids-irresponsible-breeders
** OK.  Tell that to the Muslims.

Colleges: A Force For Evil
https://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2018/08/08/colleges-a-force-for-evil-n2507178
** He who educates the children controls the future.

Their Turn Is a Falling Blade?
https://townhall.com/columnists/pauljacob/2018/08/05/their-turn-is-a-falling-blade-n2506863
** Quote:
It is indeed possible to lead a country into madness and mass murder. The French Revolution, and the Russian and Chinese revolutions after it, showed how dangerous this can get.
>> Mass terror, violence, and social unrest are not bugs, but features, to the Left:
Socialism's Gateway Drug
http://redpilljew.blogspot.com/2018/04/socialisms-gateway-drug.html

A Racist Communist Famine Grows in South Africa
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270960/racist-communist-famine-grows-south-africa-daniel-greenfield
** Quote:
And a new red famine is growing where the red blood of white farmers flows into the dying earth.
>> At the risk of being dark-side-of-Pluto cold... let them starve.

The Assault on Free Speech, Continued
** Free speech for me, not for thee.  That's the Fascist way, and the Left is just reprising their earlier habits.  They're not even hiding it now.  Related:
Drive to Regulate Speech on the Internet Gaining Steamhttps://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/08/drive-to-regulate-speech-on-the-internet-is-gaining-steam.php

No Straw Man Here: The Mask Slips in Santa Barbara

** Again, understand what the Left thinks: that you need to be controlled... controlled by them for your own good.  Because they're better, more noble, more educated, wiser, near-heavenly beings... and you're not.

Early polls show Joe Biden is front-runner for 2020 Democrat nod for president Okay, start laughing
http://www.thelasttradition.com/2018/08/early-polls-show-joe-biden-is-front.html

** Better download the "creepy Joe" videos; they'll start disappearing soon.

Sex Neuroscientist Says Sex Differences Are Biological, Not A Social Construct
http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/03/podcast-sex-neuroscientist-explains-biological-differences-between-men-and-women/

** File under "DUH!"


Trump Isn't Putting Reporter's Lives in Danger, The Media is Putting Republican Lives in Danger

** Quote:
Trump isn't putting the lives of reporters in danger. The media however keeps putting Republican lives in danger.>> But that's the Left, a la Goebbels: Accuse others of doing what you are doing.  Sort-of related:
Please do not fire Sarah Jeong
** Quote:
She will single-handedly erode what’s left of their integrity.>> They have any left?  On that:
Fake News from the New York Timeshttps://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/08/fake-news-from-the-new-york-times.php


Trump's Quiet Crackdown on H1-B Visa Abuses is Working, Report Shows
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/03/trumps-crackdown-h-1b-visa/

** Good.

How Spygate Is Turning Democrats Like Me Against Our Party

** Quote:
I thought the way it works if you lose an election is you try to present a better argument before the electorate the next time and win the next election, and not simply try to get rid of the election-winner.

POLL: Black Support For Trump Nearly Doubles Since Last Year
https://www.dailywire.com/news/34001/poll-black-support-trump-nearly-doubles-last-year-amanda-prestigiacomo

** Bad, bad, bad news for the Left.  This is why they're so desperate to isolate and smear Conservative blacks - it's "Get back on the plantation, BOY!"

[THEY ARE TURNING AMERICA INTO MEXICO!!! THIS IS LOS ANGELES...... / 5:06]

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders: the Communists Have Taken Over the Democrat Party http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2018/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-and-bernie.html
** I've read multiple quotes from Hitler and his henchmen; they were Socialists, and admitted it.


Italian Official: ‘A Country Which Does Not Create Children Is Destined to Die’

** Quote:
Whenever people reject the advice of doomsayers who tell us we must accept our “inevitable” decline, liberals call them “far right.”
>> Decline is a choice.


(HT TheoSpark)

Report: Parkland Shooter Was Denied After Asking School For Help

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-parkland-shooter-was-denied-after-asking-school-for-help/

** OH MY!

Killing coal by private means

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/killing_coal_by_private_means.html

** I'll give the Warmists credit for creativity.

[Critics’ reaction to "Death of a Nation" prove D’Souza’s right | Ben Davies / 4:54]

Rule Five Economic Illiteracy Friday

http://www.frombearcreek.com/rule-five-economic-illiteracy-friday/

** For the Left, math is hard.

Profiles in Treason : John Brennan

http://www.floppingaces.net/2018/08/06/profiles-in-treason-john-brennan/

** Remember, the Left admires this man.

Rosie O’Donnell claims Trump pays for massive rally crowds. Even CNN’s Cuomo thinks she’s lost it.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/08/07/rosie-odonnell-claims-trump-pays-for-massive-rally-crowds-even-cnns-cuomo-thinks-shes-lost-it-661611

** Democrats pay people to attend rallies.  OF COURSE they think Trump does too.  They always project.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The .223 Solution

An Open Letter to a Politically-Conservative Jewish Friend

Gratuitous Rule Five Friday: Pretty Faces